AccNoir-2011-07-06, All thanks to the Gramaphones?
* Artist â Song â Album (year) â Where are they from? â Contact info if we've got it.
* BUâLI â Let's Go Zundoko!! â Grand Parade ep. (2003) â Sapporo City, Japan â http://www.myspace.com/buli1993 http://www.sister.co.jp/english/catalog_e_benten.html
* Andy Fielding â Accordion Noir theme (medium version, 1:47) â Accordion Noir (2010) â Vancouver, BC, Canada â recorded special just for our show! More, http://www.andyfielding.com/temp/visigoth.pdf
* Marah â Angels On A Passing Train â Angels of Destruction! (2008) â Philadelphia, Pennsylvania / Brooklyn, New York, USA â http://www.marah-usa.com/
* Raghu Lokanathan â Sick Boy â Blue Girl (0) â Victoria, BC, Canada â http://www.raghumusic.com/
* Mario Perri (Perry) â Susan ; The Japanese Sandman; Avalon â The Virtual Gramophone, CollectionsCanada.gc.ca (1921) â Montreal, QC, Canada â http://amicus.collectionscanada.gc.ca/gramophone-bin/Main/ItemDisplay?l=0&l_ef_l=-1&id=458761.3254&v=1&lvl=1&coll=24&rt=1&itm=31388665&rsn=S_WWWyaaf2uSls&all=1&dt=AW+|mario|+AND+|perry|&spi=-&rp=1&v=1
* The Missouri Mountaineers, Jack Shook (leader), Mac McGar, fiddle â Tennessee Wagoner â Blue Ridge Institute & Museum of Ferrum College (194) â Possibly recorded from WDBJ Roanoke Country Radio, Virginia, USA â Ã¿ï¬w
* Luiz Gonzaga â Baiao [Brazil] â Accordions Of The World (1997) â â stigma
* Spiro â Shaft â Lightbox (2011) â United Kingdom â www.spiromusic.com
* Paperboys â Come Tella Me â Late as Usual (1995) â Vancouver, BC, Canada â http://www.paperboys.com/
* KTU (Kimmo Pohjonen, Trey Gunn, Pat Mastelotto) â Quiver â Quiver (2009) â UK? USA, Finland â http://www.kimmopohjonen.com
* Frank Marocco â Oblivion â Appassionato (2003) â Hollywood, California, USA â http://www.frankmarocco.com/
* Louise Massey & the Westerners â Mary Had a Little Lamb â Ridin' High 1933-1941 (0) â Midland, Texas, USA â http://www.venerablemusic.com/catalog/TitleDetails.asp?TitleID=12030 Featured on the WLS National Barn Dance
* Once â Nell's Song â The Once (2009) â Newfoundland, Canada â
* Fonseka â Kapirigna [Sri Lanka] â Accordions Of The World (1997) â â stigma
* Maans, Kalaniemi, Varis â Herr Peder â I Ramunders Fotspar (2000) â Finland â
* Stupid â No One â Stupid (2003) â Brooklyn, New York (USA) â http://stupidband.com/
Tonight's cover illustration is: A lovely Hohner ad â don't try this dance-step at home. From the Western New York Accordion Club's nice site: http://wnyaccordions.org/history_of_the_accordion
Happy spring-time, and please, support Accordion Noir and Co-op Radio (without whom there wouldn't be an Accordion Noir), by becoming a member. Go to www.AccordionNoir.org or www.CoopRadio.org and donate online. We really especially supporters who've become "sustaining" donors by arranging to donate a little bit every month. Those add up to a lot of support over the year. We love that most of all.
When you're able to donate, please do add a comment that, "Accordion Noir sent me!" Then we know who loves squeezing.
Bruce and Rowan
Get all your Vancouver Area accordion information at:
Vancouver Squeezebox Circle meets the first Thursday of every month at Spartacus Books
Support Accordion Noir, we love our supporters, and our supporters' supporters â even our detractors love our supporters.